INTTRA is the world’s largest, multi-carrier e-commerce network for the ocean shipping industry. INTTRA professionals work with 40 leading carriers and NVOCCs, 109 software alliance partners, as well as their customers, to streamline and standardize their shipping processes worldwide through a network of more than 200,000 shipping professionals. Over 525,000 container orders are initiated on the INTTRA platform each week, representing more than 18 percent of global ocean container trade.
What are the benefits of using INTTRA?
- One single connection to 40 carriers globally; no need for a customer or alliance partner to set up and maintain multiple connections
- Standardized formats for submitting bookings requests and shipping instructions to your carriers
- EDI trail to your carrier; no more lost, unread, deleted emails
- Single communication channel; eliminate and/or reduce phone calls, faxes and emails
- Data is fed directly into ocean carrier system for better accuracy and improved bill of lading turn time
- Increased efficiency with everyone following the same process
- One system to house and maintain all shipment information
- Potential cost savings with the ocean carriers who mitigate or waive the documentation fee. Not all carriers do this but some do.
- Increased visibility into how carriers are performing.
We would be more than happy to talk with any customers who wish to learn more about INTTRA and how this connectivity works for and benefits them.